Children between the age of fifteen (15) years old and seventeen (17) years old can be booked online with no extra fees. Children fourteen (14) years and younger must be accompanied by an adult fifteen (15) or older. Allegiant does not offer unaccompanied minor services. View Traveling with Children for more information.
Traveling with Children
|Age at Time of Travel||Seating||Identification Documentation||Must Be Accompanied By|
|Under 24 months||
- Option 1: As a ticketed passenger with his or her own seat, seated in an FAA approved car seat.
|Birth certificate or other identification with birthdate
|Adult passenger who is at least 15 years old|
|2 years to 14 years||
Must have own seat. FAA safety regulations prohibit seating in the exit row. Additional requirements apply to children 40 pounds or under.
|Birth certificate or other identification with birthdate
|Fare-paying passenger who is at least 15 years old|
|15 to 17 years||Must have own seat||Birth certificate or other identification with birthdate
|May fly without an adult companion but will not be permitted on a flight with a weather advisory.|
|18 years or older||Must have own seat||Government issued photo ID
Booking Reservations for Children
365体育官方网站Children love to visit new destinations and Allegiant enjoys flying them there!
Passengers under 14 years old on the date of travel are considered children. Children 14 years and younger must be accompanied by a passenger that is at least 15 years old on the same reservation. Allegiant does not offer unaccompanied minor services.
365体育官方网站For children under twenty-four months of age on the date of travel, there are two booking options:
- either as a ticketed passenger seated in an FAA-approved car seat or.
- as a lap child on the seat of an adult on the same reservation.
365体育官方网站When you enter the child’s date of birth on the home page search widget, you will be offered a choice of travel preference. Allegiant supports safe travel for children of all ages and recommends the purchase of an airline ticket and the use of an FAA- car seat. Proof of age is required for lap children.
365体育官方网站Proof of age is required upon request for all passengers. Although government-issued photo identification is preferred, passengers under 18 years old may use other documentation which includes their birthdate such as a birth certificate. Passengers without government-issued identification may be required to undergo additional security screening.
Delays and Cancellations Due to Weather Advisories
365体育官方网站Allegiant will not permit anyone under the age of 18 traveling without an adult on a flight with a weather advisory. When minors are denied travel, please see an agent or contact Customer Care for assistance.
365体育官方网站While we will do our best to accommodate families, the availability of seats together cannot be guaranteed.
To ensure that your party is seated together, we recommend reserving seats when you book your travel, or by logging in to Manage Travel or during online or mobile check in.
Due to FAA safety regulations, children may not be seated in an exit row, and only one lap child per row is allowed, due to the number of oxygen masks per row. Children seated in car seats must be placed in a window seat and may not be placed in an aisle seat, between a passenger and the aisle, or in the exit row or rows directly in front of or behind an exit row.
Car Seats and Other Child Restraint Systems
365体育官方网站The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recommends that infants and small children who weigh under 40 pounds be secured in an FAA-approved car seat or harness-type device when traveling by air.
Approved car seat style child restraint systems will have one or more of the following labels:
- The FMVSS.213 insignia
- Language indicating that they are certified or approved for use in motor vehicles and on aircraft
- Language indicating they conform to all applicable federal motor vehicle safety standards
Although the width of aircraft seats varies, a car seat style child restraint system wider than 17.88 inches is unlikely to fit and provide maximum protection for your child. Backless booster seats, safety belt extensions (commonly referred to as “belly belts”) and vest or harness devices that attach to an adult are banned for use on aircraft by the FAA.
The only harness-type device approved by the FAA is the AmSafe Aviation CARES. It is designed for children weighing between 22 and 44 pounds and must include a label that says “FAA Approved in Accordance with 14CFR 21.305(d), Approved for Aircraft Use Only."
Checking a Car Seat
We recommend seating your child in a car seat during flight.
365体育官方网站If your child will not be seated in his or her car seat during the flight, you may either:
- check the car seat as checked baggage at the time of check-in at the ticket counter and retrieve it at baggage claim upon arrival or;
- gate check the car seat during boarding and retrieve it at the gate or passenger loading bridge upon arrival at your destination.
There is no charge for checking or gate checking one car seat per fare-paying passenger.
365体育官方网站You may check a stroller as checked baggage at the time of check-in at the ticket counter or gate check it during boarding.
There is no charge for checking or gate checking one stroller per fare-paying passenger.
Gate checked strollers will be stowed in the cargo hold of the aircraft during the flight and delivered to the gate or passenger loading bridge upon arrival at your destination.
365体育官方网站Each fare-paying passenger traveling with a child may travel with a diaper bag at no charge. The diaper bag will not count as the passenger’s personal item or carry-on.
Traveling With Children
- Can I book a reservation online for my child traveling alone?show details
- Can I still bring a carry-on bag if I also have a stroller and a purse?show details
- Can I take a stroller and car seat to the boarding gate?show details
- If I have a stroller, do I have to pay for that? Can I pick it up at the gate/jetway at my destination?show details
- What are the ages and restrictions for a Lap Child?show details
- What are the ages and restrictions for children and minors?show details
- What are the requirements for photo identification for children?show details
- What kind of car seat or child restraint device is acceptable?show details
- What kind of harness-type devices are approved by the FAA?show details
- Will my family be seated together?show details